Colors may seem like a small part of your branding initiative, but in reality they have a much larger impact on your brand identity. Different colors provoke different emotions within people. Lets take a quick look at perceptions of color according to psychology:
- Red: excitement, strength, passion, speed, boldness, determination, desire, courage
- Yellow: warmth, happiness, comfort, energy, positivity
- Blue: trust, reliability, belonging, loyalty, professionalism
- Orange: playfulness, warmth, vibrant, enthusiasm, creativity
- Green: nature, fresh, growth, abundance, harmony, peace
- Pink: soft, sweet, security, whimsy
- Purple: royal, dignity, nobility, luxury, elegance
- White: pure, clean, youthful, simplicity
- Black: sophistication, formality, mystery
- Gold: prestige, wealth, elite
- Silver: prestige, cold, scientific
Color is the first thing people will notice about your brand and has the ability to communicate non-verbal messages to consumers. Colors can end up defining a brand and have been shown to increase brand awareness. They can make your brand more attractive as well as more memorable.
When considering your brand colors, think about what emotions you want your brand to convey and the message you want to communicate. Incorporate your brand colors in as many places as possible, including landing pages, logos, and products, for the largest impact.
Need help determining your brand colors? We’re experts in defining brand identities! Contact us today.
Until next time,